Heighten your brainpower by learning a little more about your nervous system with some truly amazing facts!
1. The human spinal cord consists of nearly 13.5 million neurons. The most sensitive are found at the base of your spinal cord.
2. Nerves are made up of long bundles of fiber called axons that also contain nerve cells. Bonus fact: The two types of nerve cells found within your body are called neurons and glial cells.
3. If all of the neurons in your brain were lined up, they would form a path about 600 miles long!
4. Think your car is fast? Signals travel between your brain and body at speeds of 100 meters per second!
5. Of the 43 pairs of nerves that connect your central nervous system, 31 are attached to your spinal cord, making it important to get your spine checked at our practice.